Over the last few weeks I've been organizing my space and I ended up with a bin of about 200 semi-finished tags. Some just have mopped up paint or ink on them, but some have layers of stamping and look a bit interesting. The tag on this page was one of them. I'm determined to use up as many of these bits and bobs as I can over the coming weeks and months.
As I was sorting, I knocked over the water jar full of brushes on my table and had a mad scramble to dry up the water before it ruined everything in its' path. This tag faded a lot but I thought it was still usable, in parts. I think the reason it was in the leftovers bin to begin with was that I'd made a mess of the stenciled flower that was on the bottom left, so I just tore it off and planned to get rid of it. But as I put the page together, I realized it could be part of the ‘rule of three' so I added it in, and punched a circle from stamped card stock to cover the blotchy center.
The tag itself is from some time ago so hard to remember exactly what I used… I recognize lots of Tim's stamps, as well as Wendy Vecchi's gorgeous flower stencil combined with black embossing paste. Clearly I used some Distress Inks as they reacted to the water spill!
The honeycomb die-cuts on the bottom right are from Tim's new Frameworks die (love it!!) and I used a stencil with india ink to create the hexies on the top left. The base of the page is Tim's tissue wrap painted with a few layers of washed down fluid acrylics.
Feel free to check out my variety of online classes focused on mixed media art, email marketing, and social media marketing.
Keep in Touch