It's my great pleasure to be one of the two Visiting Artists at Gingersnap Creations for the month of February. This week's theme was Words of Wisdom. Pretty heavy stuff! I hemmed and hawed for a few days and then asked my kids what they thought of when they heard that phrase. My eleven year old said “Fortune Cookies!” and I very quickly knew just what I wanted to do. Even better, it required a trip to buy some FCs, so he got a little payback for his idea.
Here's a pic of stage one…I painted my white pages with gesso and then used gel medium to attach some paper bits and scraps that were laying on my desk. Then I added some green water color paint, but didn't like the result:
Oh, and here are the fortunes:
* Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
* Knowledge and not doing are equal to not knowing at all.
* Love is the affinity which links and draws together the elements of the world.
* Forgive the action, forget the intent.
* Trust is earned by many deeds.
* Consume less. Share more. Enjoy life.
* Integrity is doing the right thing even if nobody is watching.
* In the end, all things will be known.
* Nothing is so mcuh to be feared as fear.
Thanks so much for your visit. Hope to see you over at Gingersnap Creations!
PS – if you're new here be sure to look at the top of the page for a chance to win two great books by Tim Holtz! Prize drawing will be Monday, February 6th.