Okay, it’s not really the kitchen sink… it’s paint, archival inks, a Gelli Plate, copy paper, stencils, canvas, diecuts, two embossing folders, stamps, and alphabet letters. Whew!
After I got the print done the way I wanted, I added some Monarch Orange archival ink with stencils, then crumpled the page into a ball for added texture:
Next I inserted a corner of the print into a Sizzix Texture Fade folder, folding the remaining paper around it so it would fit into my Vagabond. I dry embossed two sections of the print this way. That’s a major benefit of working on a loose page, because of course you couldn’t put your whole art journal in there.
I did some more stenciling, then colored, stamped and applied the canvas circles. I used a different Gelli print to cut the Sizzix Washer Border die. The print didn’t look like much on its own, but I love the cut from it:
I stamped Dyan Reaveley’s leaves onto packaging waste and moved it around the page to see where I’d like to use it. I do that all the time to try out positioning, because once you stamp in archival ink – you’d better be sure you meant it.
I set up my small word on a scrap of cardboard, to make the tiny letters easier to work with, and to pop it up off the page. Then I did the same packaging/positioning trick to decide on placement for my letters.
If you’d care to see more, I did a tutorial on using the Gelli Plate last month here.
ENABLER ALERT: Dick Blick has the Gelli Arts Printing Plate on sale.
Thanks so much for visiting!