Thanks so much for your ongoing support as I've worked through my altered index cards project. I am delighted to wrap it up today with these cards, which represent Days 81-100.
The 100 Day Project
I chose index card art for my take on this year's “The 100 Day Project.” This creative initiative was started four years ago by Elle Luna. Searching their hashtag on Instagram (#the100dayproject) will show you the wide variety of participants and projects. Each person creates a unique hashtag for their work, which makes it easy to see all of it in one form. My hashtag is #100daysofartsyindexcards.
Artsy Index Cards
This was a fun way for me try out art journaling techniques on small surfaces. This first grid shows three cards I made with encaustic medium and oil paint, and one with Distress Inks.
I used Distress Ink, Distress Oxide Inks, Dylusions Ink Sprays and paint for most of the cards.
I've long admired Tea Bag art, and decided to stamp on a tea bag and include it in the card shown below, top right:
Some of the cards included monoprints from my gelli plate. I also used a lot of different stamps and stencils. Some ‘old school' techniques like heat embossing made a resurgence as well. Lots of ideas were needed for 100 cards, and I tried to mix them up to keep it interesting.